Lamb Milk Replacer
Feeds Act Registration No.78004 |*This feed contains added selenium at 0.3 mg/kg
|Crude Protein (Min.)||21.0%|
|Crude Protein from Milk Sources (Min.)||21.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min.).||30.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max.)||0.15%|
|Vitamin A (Min.)||44,000 IU/k|
|Vitamin D (Min.)||5,500 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min.)||44 IU/kg|
MIXING & FEEDING DIRECTIONS:
Mix 1 level measuring cup (250 mL) or 130 g of DeLuxe Lamb milk replacer in 2.5 cups (625 mL) of warm water 38 C (100 F). For large batchs, mix 1 kg of DeLuxe Lamb milk replacer with 4.2 liters of warm water. Premix powder in 1/2 the required amount of water and blend with a wire whisk or beater. Then add the required balance of water for the final mixing.
Lambs require extreme care in management and feeding. Lambs will vary in their ability to consume feed. This schedule should be used as a guide only. Lambs should receive
colostrum milk as soon after birth as possible.
Remove lamb from its mother 1 to 2 days after birth.
When hand feeding by bottle, DeLuxe Lamb milk reaplcer should be fed at body temperature.
Milk Solution mL/feeding
# of Feedings/day
|Day 1 - 2||Colostrum||Free Choice|
|Day 3 - 5||1/3 cup (85 mL)||6 - 4|
|Day 6 - 16||Up to 1 cup (250 mL)||4 - 3|
|Day 17 - 30||Up to 2 cups (500 mL)||3 - 2|
Gradually decrease the number of feedings and increase amount of DeLuxe Lamb milk replacer per feeding. If you are using a free choice nipple feeder to give lambs access to DeLuxe Lamb milk replacer, it should be fed cold at about 4 C. Cold milk is used to limit intake and prevent over eating. When starting lambs on nipples they will require assistance. However, they adapt readily and nurse independently within 1 or 2 days.
Available in 2 kg & 10 kg bags
- Keep milk replacer feeding equipment clean and sanitary.
- Provide a high quality creep feed at a few days of age and continue on a free choice basis.
- Fresh clean water should be provided at all times.
- Wean lambs at a minimum of 30 days of age, weighing at least 11 kg. Make sure lambs are consuming enough solid food to ensure good growth.
- Only consistent high quality ingredients used
- 100% Milk Protein - 21% Protein
- High Fat (30%) Formula
- Produces weight gains similar to ewe milk.
- Works well in automated feeders.
- Lambs can be weaned earlier, saving on time and money.
- Convenient for those rearing lambs without ewes on their farm.
- Excellent lamb performance and health.